CM Women Upliftment Scheme would be launched on PM’s birthday on 17th September With an aim to make middle class women an economic pillar of their family, particularly in the social scenario of post-Corona time, Chief Minister Mr. Vijaybhai Rupani has expressed a firm resolution to introduce a revolutionary ‘Chief Minister Women Upliftment Scheme’ in Gujarat.
‘The Chief Minister Women Upliftment Scheme’ would be gifted to Gujarat’s women power on Prime Minister Mr. Narendrabhai Modi’s birthday falling on 17th September, 2020. Under this revolutionary scheme over 10-lakh women would be given a financial loan at ‘zero’ per cent interest.
Under the ‘Chief Minister Women Upliftment Scheme’ total one lakh ‘Joint Liability and Earning Women Groups’ would be setup in the state. Of which, 50,000 groups would be made in rural areas and 50,000 groups in urban zones. Each group would be consisting of 10 women as partners. Each group would be given a loan of Rs. One-lakh. Thus, 10-lakh women would be given loans, in phase manner, in total amounting to Rs. 1,000-Crore.
These loans would be made available to these women groups through nationalised banks, cooperative banks and the RBI approved financial institutions. The Chief Minister has urged the banking sector to join enthusiastically in this women’s welfare scheme. In this context, the state government would also sign a MoU with the banks in near future.
Besides this, the state government has decided to waive the stamp duty on these loans. And, for this purpose a budget of Rs. 175-Cr has also been allocated by the state government, the Chief Minister said.
Features Of Mukhymantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana
- Mukhymantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana is launched by the government of Gujarat to provide
- interest-free loans to women belonging to self-help groups
- Through the scheme, a loan of Rs 100000 will be given to women self-help group
- Each self-help group must have 10 members
- The scheme is going to be launched on 17 September 2020
- Through the implementation of this scheme, the women of the state will become self-reliant
- Under the scheme, Sakhi Mandal for women will also get the benefit
- The government is going to pay interest to the bank
- Aadhar card
- Voter ID
- Ration card
- Residence certificate
- Income certificate
- Mobile number
Mr. Rupani expressed determination that as the Gujarat’s women who brought ‘White Revolution’ through animal husbandry; they would also become ‘Economically Aatmanirbhar’ (Economically Self-dependent) by initiating small, independent business or ‘Gruh Udhyog’ with the assistance of this loan.
A provision has also been made in the scheme that NGOs, which are working for welfare and upliftment of the women, could also take benefits of the scheme for their women members.
It should be noted here that during the financial year of 2019-20 as many as 45,404 self-help women groups (Sakhi Mandals) had availed loans of Rs. 428.72-Cr for their 4.25 lakh women members.
The scheme would be implemented in rural areas by ‘The Gujarat Livelihood Promotion Company’, owned by Rural Development Department, Government of Gujarat. Similarly, the scheme would be implemented in urban areas by ‘The Gujarat Urban Livelihood Mission’ of Urban Development Department, Government of Gujarat.
How To Apply For Mukhyamantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana Gujarat
- All the eligible women of Gujarat can apply for this interest-free loan online on the official portal . Let us see the procedure for applying for Mukhya Mantri Mahila Utkarsh Yojana.
- Visit the Official Portal of MMUY Gujarat.
- It takes the applicant to the Home Page of the Official Portal.
- On the Home Page, Click on the link of MMUY Yojana.
- It redirects the candidates to the Online Registration Page for the MMUY interest-free loan scheme.
- It opens up the application form; now, the applicants can start entering his/her personal details like Name of the Applicant, Contact Number, Email ID of the Applicant, Adress details such as State, District, City, and Pin Code.
- The applicant has to enter her SHG Group Details, Aadhar Cards, and other information like Bank Account Number, Bank Branch Name, IFSC Code in the next section.
Note: The online applications for the Mahila Utkarsh Yojana will start soon. We will keep you updated about the Registration Process once after the official announcement from the government.