Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) Scheme Details:
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) is a pioneering initiative of the Government of India which aims to accelerate India’s progress towards Universal Health Coverage and Sustainable Development Goals. It is the world’s largest fully government financed health protection scheme that seeks to cover more than 500 million people. PM-JAY seeks to ensure that entitled poor and vulnerable households across the country have financial protection and can access safe, quality hospitalization services so that no family is pushed into poverty as a consequence of ill-health.
Key Features and Benefits of PM-JAY:
PM-JAY provides free hospitalization coverage up to Rs. 5,00,000 per entitled family per year through a network of public and private impaneled health care providers. PM-JAY primarily targets the poor, deprived rural families and identified occupational categories of urban workers families as per the SECC (Socio-Economic Caste Census) 2011 database. In addition, Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) active card holders can also avail PM-JAY benefits. There is no cap on family size and age as well as no restriction on pre-existing conditions for entitled families. These services are free and paperless for the entitled beneficiary family. Further, entitled beneficiaries will be able to move across states/UTs and access these services throughout the country through the feature of national portability. The National Health Authority is responsible for ensuring implementation and providing oversight for PM-JAY. The State Health Agency/State Nodal Agency is the programme implementing agency at the state level, ensuring that policies and guidelines set by NHA are carried out in letter and spirit.
Suggested Content for SMS/Call to be sent to entitled beneficiary:
1. [Name of beneficiary] We have received your discharge request. Please note that your treatment is free of cost. Please call State SHA Helpline or 14555/1800- 111-565 if you have been asked to make any payment. Kindly let us know if you were satisfied with the services provided at [name of empanelled hospital]. Press 1 for Yes and 2 for No (if possible).
2. [Name of beneficiary] Your feedback is valuable and will be acted upon. We request you to kindly provide feedback to the PMAM on the nature and quality of services received.
3. [Name of beneficiary] Payment for amount of Rs. [specify] for treatment incurred from [date of admission to date of discharge] has been made by PMJAY to [name of empanelled hospital] on your behalf. We hope that you have received the discharge summary and follow up medicines (if required). Please reach out to the PMAM if you need any clarification or assistance.
Check Your Name In The Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana Below Steps:
- Visit https://www.pmjay.gov.in/ and click on ‘Am I Eligible’
- Enter your mobile number and the CAPTCHA code and click on ‘Generate OTP’
- Then select your state and search by name/ HHD number/ ration card number/ mobile number
- Based on the search results you can verify if your family is covered under PMJAY
Modicare and UHC:
In this context, the cabinet of the Indian government approved the ambitious AB-PMJAY in March, 2018. The scheme, colloquially referred to as “Modicare” after Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, aims to build on existing schemes to provide publicly funded health insurance cover of up to 500,000 Indian rupees (over US$7,000) per family per year to about 100 million families (500 million people, 40% of India’s population)