PUC Certificate Download: Did you know that a valid insurance cover, valid driving license, registration certificate, and a valid PUC certificate are the mandatory documents that every vehicle owner must carry while driving on Indian roads.
Pollution Under Control (PUC) Certificate
The Indian government has mandated the Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate under the Central Motor Vehicles Rule, 1989. The PUC test assesses the emission of a vehicle and checks if it follows the standard pollution regulation.
In India, a valid driving license, insurance coverage and a Pollution Under Control Certificate are legal mandatory requirements for a car. An insurance coverage is mandated by the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, for all cars plying on Indian roads. Similarly, the Central Motor Vehicle Rule, 1989 mandates the PUC Certification.
The PUC certificate contains the following information
- PUC certificate number
- Vehicle registration number
- Date of registration
- Validity (Expiry date)
- Emission readings
- How to Download PUC Certificate Online
You can download PUC certificate soft copy through official Parivahan website with your vehicle registration number and chassis number.
Here are the steps by which you can download PUC certificate online instantly.
- Log on to the official PUC Certificate Download page from any web browser.
- It will ask you to enter Registration Number, Chassis Number (Last 5 Character) and verification code as shown in the image.
Note: If you don’t know Chassis Number then go to the Find Vehicle Owner Details page to get chassis number and registration number.
- After you enter the required information click on the PUC Details button and you will see your certificate.
- That’s it, click on the Print button and save the PUC certificate PDF to your device.
What is PUC Certificate?
PUC certificate stands for Pollution Under Control is a certificate that is given to the vehicle after having passed a PUC test under the Central Motor Vehicle Rule. This certificate is required for every vehicle type including CNG, LPG, Petrol, and Diesel.
Validity and Cost:
- When you purchase a new car, a PUC certificate is provided for it and the validity of this certificate is 1 year. Following that your car would need to undergo the PUC test at regular intervals and a new certificate will be issued each time.
- The validity of the new certificate is usually 6 months. In case an adverse reading is observed in the PUC test, the validity of the certificate will be decided on the basis of that reading.
- If cars exhibit higher levels of emission than the prescribed limits, the registration number of the vehicle will be informed to the RTO, Deputy RTO or Assistant RTO by the testing centre within one day.
- The cost of the PUC test is quite minimal. It varies from Rs. 60 to Rs. 100, based on the vehicle that is being tested and its fuel type.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What is PUC Certificate?
- PUC certificate stands for Pollution Under Control is a certificate that is given to the vehicle after having passed a PUC test under the Central Motor Vehicle Rule. It states that the vehicle is safe to drive on Indian roads.
Where can you apply for a PUC certificate?
You can apply at any authorized petrol pumps or independent testing centers and you will get certificate instantly.
Why is a PUC Certificate Required?
It helps to check the vehicle emission levels to determine how safe they are and whether they contribute to air pollution.
Which vehicles require PUC Certification?
All vehicles running on Indian roads are required to carry a valid PUC Certification.
What is the validity of PUC Certificate?
It issued to a brand new vehicle is valid for one year. After that tests must be conducted every six months and you will get a new certificate.
What is the cost of the emission test?
The cost of the test varied between Rs.30 and Rs.100 depending on the vehicle and fuel type.
Join Whatsapp Click Here
Join Telegram Click Here